We believe that theses doctrines are the basic, essential truths of the Christian faith, on which the Scriptures are clear.
- We believe the Scriptures are the inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but through Adam’s sin mankind became alienated from God, acquired a sin nature, and came under the judicial sentence of death.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in good works through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the church, which is the body and bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born again persons.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to conscious and everlasting punishment.
Because we are committed to teaching “the whole counsel of God,” the teaching position of the faculty may be more specific than the Doctrinal Statement. We recognize that there are differing views within the evangelical community in certain areas not essential to our saving faith. In these areas, teachers will present the various views and teach their position in a way that does not disparage others.